Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's just plain Festivous

There is only one time of the year when my religions take over and it always drives me crazy. I am the only person I know who was raised in a mixed up house of Jewish, Christian and Pagan beliefs (no wonder I can't hold down a relationship) and every year I seem to lose my mind around this time. Do I tell people "Merry Christmas", "Happy Hannukah" or "Happy Yule"? Do I spin the draedl, sing a carol or burn the Yule Log?
What's even worse is the fact that I have to ask for more than the usual amount of time off from work because all three holdiays coincide with each other. My boss already thinks I'm a schizophrenic but at this time of year he thinks that I am a complete lunatic.
The amount of money I spend at this time of year could feed a small country for a year and I always end up feeling exhausted by the end of it.
This year I don't want to do anything. I want to ban any type of religious bull and I would love to do exactly what I want, but that just isn't going to work and I will do exactly what I do every year: I am going to run screaming through the streets because my Jewish/Wiccan mother will curse me for not wish her a Happy Hannukah/Yule.

1 comment:

shebytches said...

Stick with Yule... it's where all the other holidays came from any way!thpppppppppppppppp