Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Veggie Heaven

This morning I had the extreme displeasure of watching a TV advertisement for PETA and I have decided that the time has come for me to declare my vegetarianism. I have been playing with the idea for years now of going the whole hog (no pun intended) and giving up meat all together but what I saw today disgusted me so much that I now believe I don't have a choice. I gave up red meat a long time ago but stuck with chicken and fish but now I realize that it just isn't enough.
So let me ask this question: Why do so many people exploit and torture animals? That is something I have never understood. Even at 12 years old I knew that the fur my mother so proudly paraded around town came at the cost of many lives. I have and never will understand the need to torture and kill just so someone can wear a dead animal, it just doesn't make sense to me.
It will be hard for me to break the chicken and fish habit but I feel I have no choice now. Is there anyone out there who can give me some pointers? I really would appreciate it.

1 comment:

shebytches said...

don't give up fish, you need protein... it will make it easier for you to stop eating chicken if you do...