Wednesday, March 07, 2007

BSG Addict

I will fully and whole heartedly admit that I am addicted to 'Battlestar Galactica.' I have been a fan of the series since it started back in the 1970's. I can vividly remember my sisters and I crowding around our tiny television set, and being totally wrapped up in what was emanating from the screen. I was only six at the time but I remember vowing to myself that one day I would fly around the stars just like Starbuck.
I loved Dirk Benedict with all of my six year old heart; he was the be all and end all of heroes for me. I was devastated when the show went off the air, but never gave up hope that one day someone would be brave enough to bring it back. My prayers have been answered.
'Battlestar Galactica' is back on the air, and, in my opinion, is the best show on television.
Not only does it tackle important issues like war and racism, it also(again, in my opinion) has the finest cast of actors on any show. Period.
It makes me proud that this show is produced in Canada and that Canadian actors hold prominent roles in it. (The absolutely delicious Tahmoh Penikett comes to mind.) Some episodes have made me angry, some have made me sob and all of them have made me realize what amazing talent we have in this country.
I wish BSG a long and glorious run. It deserves every award and accolade it gets.

No comments: