Thursday, March 30, 2006

Boss From Hell

It's midnight and I'm just getting home and unwinding from work. I have no idea what happened to my life! When I started this job I was told by my boss that I could make my hours, that I would have benefits and that I would never have to work weekends; now I am working until 11 every night with no pay for over-time or stat holidays and I have also been told that I have to be available on weekends.
I don't ever hear the words 'thank you'. I don't ever receive a pat on the back for a job well done and I have never in the two years that I've been at this job received a raise. Most days I feel like a slave on a plantation with no hope of release.
I am doing everything I can to find another job so that I can have a life but they are few and far between; I get so tired of trying to be positive but I know that I have to keep going.
Anyone else have a boss like this? No? I didn't think so. I guess I'm the only one who works for Satan's spawn.

2 comments:

shebytches said...

1. Ask for for a copy of your employment contract. by law you are to be given a copy.
2. Remind him of the orginal agreement regard making hours, no weekends etc. And then tell him you can not be available on weekends and if they are going to insist you need to get on call pay. which is double time and a half. And get that in writing. And tell you boss if it isn't in writing it doesn't happen.
3. Log a complaint with the labour board and bug them till they do something about your working conditions.

viki said...

Well. I am on salary and have never had a raise in over 3 years. I spend 4 hours a day commuting when I took a job in downtown Toronto. I have no benefits, no pension plan. I often do not even get paid on time and I get paid once a month. The only thing good I can say is he does seem appreciative for the scheming and lies I tell on his behalf. Lets start our own consulting firm Anna? Surely we have much we are qualified to consult about? We are too good for this kind of treatment!!